Australia Prospective Marriage Visa
Prospective Marriage visa is suitable for the people, who are willing to enter the country to settle down with their Australian citizen or Australian Permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizenship fiancé or a partner.
Following demonstrated entitlement criteria is considered before loading a prospective marriage visa application:
Age: The applicant must be of 18 years to applying for this visa type
In order to receive a prospective Marriage Visa, the Fiancé of an application must satisfy the following terms:
- The applicant must be sponsored by an Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen or an eligible New Zealand Resident.
- The applicant must be legally married to Australian citizen fiancé and should have lived in a genuine and continuing relationship.
- The applicant must be eligible to marry under the Australian Marriage Law.
- The applicant must have the marital supporting documents of this relationship.
- The applicant must be able to provide the evidence of marriage arrangements made in the country, including a printed invitation with a date, venue and personal details on it.
The sponsor partner or fiancé must be a permanent resident of Australia, citizen of Australia or eligible for the New Zealand citizenship in order to sponsor or fill the application of a Prospective Marriage Visa.
Health & Character Terms:
Australian Immigration department adheres to its health & character requirements for considering and processing a Prospective Marriage Visa. Thus, an applicant, who is seeking to go to Australia, has to meet the following terms:
The applicant has to undergo a medical examination conducted by the doctors selected by Australian Immigration.
The applicant has to obtain character clearance and police certifications from the country, where the couple has lived more than 12 months together.
Go to our Online Assessment for Partner Visas